Skip to main content

My Bucket List

Everyone knows what a bucket list is, but in case you are not "everyone" - a bucket list is a list of things you want to do/experience/see/etc. before you "kick the bucket". Hence, a "bucket" list. I've been far too focused on how much work sucks, and whining and complaining and blah, blah, blah. I'm burnt out on it. So, I'd like to take a few moments and create my very own bucket list. Hopefully I can start focusing a little of my attention on these things and start to accomplish some of the things I want to accomplish in life. Some I may never achieve but they are dreams of mine. Maybe one day I'll look back at my very crossed off list and smile at all the memories I've made (or how silly I was to think they were important).


So, in absolutely NO particular order...


Goldie's Bucket List: 1. Have a baby - I especially want a daughter but a boy or girl would be amazing 2. Go to Europe particularly France and Germany 3. Become fluent in one foreign language. 4. Learn to paint 5. Become professionally trained in photography. 6. Own at least one pair of very expensive, very stylish designer shoes 7. Fill my passport 8. Learn to drive a motorcycle 9. Play an instrument 10. Get back down to my HS weight of 135lbs and stay there. 11. Find my soul mate & have a great marriage and relationship (I truly believe I've completed half this one) 12. Run a marathon 13. Have a successful garden with fruits and veggies 14. Get my credit back up into good standing and have a high credit score. 15. Have a house in the country with a BIG yard and no neighbors 16. Own horses 17. Go to Hawaii 18. Get a complete makeover by a professional 19. Learn patience 20. Travel the US coast to coast. 21. Take my children to Disney World 22. Take a vacation every year with my family 23. Meet my biological paternal grandfather 24. Be the "Fun Aunt". 25. Be a good christian 26. Go sky diving. (Isn't this a cliche bucket list item - haha) 27. Be complete caught up and up-to-date on my scrapbooking AS WELL AS have a scrapbook for each of my children. 28. Finish my sister's wedding scrapbook. 29. Be successful professionally - be able to take care of myself financially, be good at what I do, have an impressive title, etc. 30. Take dance lessons. 31. Get really good at karaoke. 32. Learn to decorate cakes. Fondant and all. 33. Learn to do nails. 34. Meet a celebrity (and not get star struck) 35. Always be satisfied with what I have and never dwell on what I don't. 36. Find a successful way to make a little money on the side (or heck even a full blown career) doing something I love. 37. Become a super motivated person who never procrastinates.

I'm sure I'll add more thing to my list as life goes on... But these are a few things (some kind of random) that I want to put on my "Been There Done That" list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Jason's Graduation: Part II

Dr. Allen, DC 4/5 of our marriage has been spent working towards this day. To say we are excited would be a great understatement. I can't even put into words how excited/happy/scared/proud/relieved, etc, etc, etc we are. There just are no words. Jason has worked tirelessly towards this goal. Countless hours of studying. Sacrificing time with me and the kids. And all the work he put in advertising and recruiting patients into the clinic. Personal training early mornings and late nights to help makes ends meet.  And I think of all the sacrifice we've made as a family. Living in a townhouse and then a tiny apartment. I've been the primary provider and a mostly single parent during some stages. And a constant cheerleader and standing behind pushing. We've both been pushing uphill for what seems like forever towards this goal. And we've made it. Not to discount his hard work, because he was the one who really accomplished this goal but I like to think we accomplished thi