Skip to main content

It's Been a Whole Year Already?!

I gotta write this sappy love post because -well- I'm a sappy romantic kinda girl, deep down and because today is a VERY special day.


A year ago today, J and I met for the first time. I remember the weekend we met crystal clearly....


*Wayne's World Flash Back*


It was year end, the first day after year end (5.1.09) and I still sat next to my friend L at work. I had been teasing her a little about J -I was gonna make out with him at Rockfest since he was the only single guy going with our group and, you know, he is SMOKIN hot!! So she finally had given in and she mentioned my little joke to J, in which case he was like "Tell her to add me on facebook, I'll chat with her..." So I did, and we started talking back and forth ALL DAY LONG on May 1st. Here's a little of our first conversation:


Me May 1, 2009 at 10:27am
I can't do the chat thing at work...Heard you and L were talking about me last night. LOL!!

J May 1, 2009 at 10:28am
Well that sucks... and I heard that you were talking about me!! You ready for rockfest? it's going to be a good time. I am planning on getting drunk and crazy.

Me May 1, 2009 at 10:30am
Oh hellz yeah!! I'm pumped for Rockfest! I think I drive L nuts every day with my countdown...haha Me gettin drunk at Rockfest is pretty much a given...probably gonna get a little crazy myself.

J May 1, 2009 at 10:32am
We are having a party at my place the night before and getting trashed. Then getting up in the morning and getting a headstart so we don't have to buy as many 5 dollar beers. You are more than welcome to attend. I invited L a while back, but I think she said she had something going on that night. Most likely we will be partying on Saturday night after the concert too. Again, more than welcome

Me May 1, 2009 at 10:36am
Yeah, we both have plans Friday night we're going to the Sugarland concert together. Pretty pumped about that too...have floor seats! I'm sure we will come hang out Saturday night though after the concert although it will probably be up to L if we do since she will probably be my ride for the evening. For some reason she feels the need to try and keep me out of trouble. Probably a good thing... ;)

J May 1, 2009 at 10:39am
haha Trouble? Do I look like trouble? Totally innocent here. I will talk to her about it and we can have everything set up for Sat night. Most likely we are all going to be hurting pretty bad and not going to be able to party all night. We will see though.

Me May 1, 2009 at 10:44am
You look pretty innocent to me...but L knows you better than I do. Ha ha. I'm thinking by time Sat night rolls around I'll be lookin for a place to pass out!! Or I'll just be gettin my second wind. You just never know.

J May 1, 2009 at 10:45am
Youll most likely be passing out when I drink you under the table. And I think one of your quotes on here needs to be "Kick his ass, Seabass!" I use that one a lot. I'm a big movie quoter

Me May 1, 2009 at 10:49am
Whoa whoa whoa...I think you'll be surprised at how much I can drink. I probably can't out drink you but I can hold my own!!Oh lord. I'm a big movie quoter and Dumb and Dumber is like the best one of all to quote!

J May 1, 2009 at 10:50am
Haha... and if I'm wrong about something, I use "Samosinite, I was way off."

Me May 1, 2009 at 10:55am
HA HA!! that's hilarious."Radio...we don't need a radio, ready Har..."HAHAHA

J May 1, 2009 at 10:56am
Mock, yeah... Ing, yeah... BIRD, yeah, yeah yeah... Mockingbird, yeah, everybody have you heard (have you heard)... ok, we are going to get along

Me May 1, 2009 at 10:59am
Look Harry there's some more people that wanna ride...Pick 'em up!Yep... I think we'll get along fine. Sorry I told L I was going to get drunk and make out with you. Wasn't really planning on her telling you that. hahaha!

J May 1, 2009 at 11:02am
Haha its ok. Not that I'd mind anyway. Just planning on going out and kickin it.

Me May 1, 2009 at 11:04am
Ditto.

J May 1, 2009 at 11:06am
So I want to know more about this conversation that you and L had when ya'll were talking about rockfest and looking at pics. And if I get to where I am bothering you at work, just let me know.

Me May 1, 2009 at 11:14am
Haha. No your good. I'm running reports today...boring stuff.L and I talk about all kinds of stuff and she's told me all kinds of stuff about you (wouldn't you like to know what she's told me - haha). So, we were talking about Rockfest one day and she pulled up pictures and told me who all was planning on going this time. She pointed everyone out and somehow in the converstation (probably because she told me I needed to steer clear of you) I told her I was gonna get drunk and make out with you. It was actually more of a joke than anything...but you know whatever, I do retarded things when I'm drunk so you just never know. LOL!I have to add though, I'm making it sound like L is trash talkin you but she's really not. She has lots of nice things to say :)

J May 1, 2009 at 11:20am
Steer clear huh? That's kinda funny, cause I kinda got the vibe that she was banking on us hitting it off or something. Don't know what her thoughts are on things. However, I do know that yall are conversing about our conversation, so I am going to keep it somewhat minimal in regards to all that

Me May 1, 2009 at 11:23am
We sit right next to each other. But I'm not telling her anything she doesn't need to know ;) I think she's changed her mind about things. This was like a month ago...

J May 1, 2009 at 11:27am
haha i dont know what she is thinking. So, to get to know you a little bit better, I am going to ask you a few things. How long were you married? Any kids? What do you like to do for fun? What is the best song that you sing (not random, saw that you sing on your profile)? How tall are you (heard that you said I looked short)?, where did you go to school?, and what part of town do you live in?

Ok, so I'm sure that was pretty boring and dorky to anyone but me but it's cute and I don't care :).... So to continue: We pretty much kept talking from there, he gave me his cell # when L and I went to lunch, and our conversation continued. I went out with L that night with her department to celebrate year end and my memory gets a little fuzzy from there but I know I spent the entire night texting J...not to mention saying some pretty nasty things in the process *smacks forehead* I didn't even realize I had said half the things I had said (really confused by some of his comments the next morning) until I read through my text history. Yikes. Made myself blush. Well, we continued to text the rest of the weekend while L and I headed down to Pitt for a weekend of fun. I behaved myself all weekend even though I had an bartender friend from Twister's trying really hard to get me to sleep with him. Glad I said no to that one -like it was real hard- because J and I made plans to meet in person on Sunday night on my way back home. I remember I was so nervous to meet him, but as I pulled into his apartment complex and he was standing outside to meet me, he had a big smile on his face and he greeted me with a big old hug, and right there I was completely relaxed and felt so comfortable around him. So Sunday (May 3rd) was our official "first date", sort of, since we really only hung out at his place and watched movies. But it was great none the less and besides a minor speed bump early on in our relationship, we've been inseparable every since.


*Wayne's World Flash Back to Reality*


This has by far been the best year of any relationship I've ever had. I'm so lucky to have such a great guy in my life that loves me like he does. He loves my family and my family loves him, as well as his family loves ME (I'm kinda fond of them too). I can't say enough about how happy he's made me and I hope this is the first of many anniversaries to come!!


I love you to Reese's Pieces, more than fat kids love cake (with extra sprinkles), and more than you will ever know.


Happy 1st Anniversary!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Jason's Graduation: Part II

Dr. Allen, DC 4/5 of our marriage has been spent working towards this day. To say we are excited would be a great understatement. I can't even put into words how excited/happy/scared/proud/relieved, etc, etc, etc we are. There just are no words. Jason has worked tirelessly towards this goal. Countless hours of studying. Sacrificing time with me and the kids. And all the work he put in advertising and recruiting patients into the clinic. Personal training early mornings and late nights to help makes ends meet.  And I think of all the sacrifice we've made as a family. Living in a townhouse and then a tiny apartment. I've been the primary provider and a mostly single parent during some stages. And a constant cheerleader and standing behind pushing. We've both been pushing uphill for what seems like forever towards this goal. And we've made it. Not to discount his hard work, because he was the one who really accomplished this goal but I like to think we accomplished thi