This is a great question! I'm not sure of my exact "dream job" but I'll list a couple of things that I think I would love doing every day [rather than my current job which I am not in love with in the slightest]:
1. Hairdresser/Nail Tech: I would *love* to go back to school and learn cosmetology - especially if I could do it and not really have to worry about being the bread winner of the family. I am actually hoping to do this whenever Jason is out of school and making some money. I would love to make people look cute for a living and be artsy-fartsy with nail designs.
2. Own a ceramics shop - how cool would it be too paint ceramics all day and see other people's creations too. I would absolutely love this but, again, only if I didn't have to be the bread winner of the family/worry about money.
3. Be a Foreign Language teacher - this is what I had originally wanted to do when I started college but someone who shall remain …
My birthday is coming up in 8 days (I'm old but I still like my birthday), so for a bit of fun - since my last post "wish" list was not as "fun" as it was "sappy" - I'm posting my birthday wish list. I realize I'll never get these things for my birthday but just in case anyone was going to be shopping for my b-day this week...
1. A Mint Green Jawbone wrist band.
2. A dozen of these style maternity dresses to live in this pregnancy
3. This bracelet
4. A guarantee to look like this again after the baby is born (willing to put in the work, just want it ASAP)
5. A cool pair of boots
6. A GREAT NEW JOB after maternity leave with a big fat salary increase
7. Nook HD
8. Nikon DSLR Camera, Photo Editing Software (and the knowledge to use both)
9. Hair Extensions (the real ones)
10. 2013 Dodge Challenger (I knoooow, this is not a family friendly car...I don't care)
11. Ok, something more "practical", I'll take a 2013 Buick Enclave
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
These are the things I pray for, so I suppose they would be my "wishes":
1. For my children to have long, happy, healthy, FULL lives - whatever that may mean for them. This is at the top of my prayers!
2. To always have enough - not too much to make us greedy and not too little to make us desperate. ALWAYS just enough.
3. Happiness - not necessarily for more to be happy with, but just to be happy with life just the way it is. For me, my husband, my family.
These answers might be cheating but I gave up on specifics a long time ago because I'm at the age now where I know that I don't know what's best for myself - only God knows, and I just have to let go and trust him to provide those things. Or maybe I've been burned too many times with the specifics, or maybe I just like surprises and the unexpected ;) Probably a combination of all those things.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
1. Brazos. The one thing guaranteed to make me happy [no matter my mood] is my little love. When he grabs my face with his little hands, looks me in the eye, and says "I Luh You Mommy" - I don't think there is any greater happiness in this world! He is my sunshine and I always tell him so :o}
2. Running & Yoga. I'd have keeled over from shock if my 20 year old self was reading this, but I do. I love it - although at the moment I'm not able to do it. During the run, its the BEST stress relief. After a run, its the greatest feeling of accomplishment. I can't wait till the baby's born and I can start my running again! And I absolutely love the self control of Yoga. I'm still able to do that for the most part although not nearly as much as I'd like. Such a great happy place to be mentally when you are in the middle of a yoga stretch.
3. Being crafty. I love painting, scrapping or any kin…
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
1. Be selfish for a while. Do what you want to do in life, be happy, figure yourself out and THEN do the husband/family thing.
2. Boyfriends are overrated. Make lots of friends instead.
3. Be involved in EVERYTHING. Experience everything in school - try anything once.
4. Get closer to GOD. He loves you even when you see nothing about yourself to love.
5. Stand up for yourself.
6. Drive your siblings to school.
7. Spend lots of time with your family.
8. Go away to school. Be involved in college.
9. You deserve the best things in life - never settle.
10. If you get an opportunity to travel ANYWHERE in the world, take it.