Skip to main content

To My Dearest Son

Dear Brazos,

Today is your 1st birthday. When you woke up this morning, I came in and sang "Happy Birthday" to you. You raised your little eyebrows and looked at me like I was crazy, and smiled. You know me too well already. I scooped you up into my arms and we hugged, like we always do, and snuggled for just a minute, like we always do - BEST part of my day. You've been sick the past few days, but luckily, today, you finally woke up without a fever. I'm hoping you are over the worst part of your ear infection and that those darn molars come in soon so you'll stop hurting. To top it off you have a cold. Mommy really doesn't like it when you are sick but I especially don't like it that you are sick this close to your birthday!

You are mommy's sunshine. And I'm absolutely sure you already realize this. I've already sung "You Are My Sunshine" to you about 1,000 times in your little life and you love that song - that's most of the reason why you've heard it so many times. No matter how upset you are, if I sing that song, you stop and listen intently. When I was pregnant with you, I had a little toy that played that tune and I always pushed the little smiley face on the toy sun, and pressed it to my belly so you could hear. I like to think that's another reason why you love it so much. It's a very fitting song for you and I. You are my reason for living and the light of my life. I'm so lost when I'm away from you and as soon as I'm with you again, you brighten my world.

I love your little personality. Such a boy - ALL boy. Ornery, flirtatious, outgoing, sweet, cuddly, silly, loud, and oh so charismatic. Everyone who meets you loves you. And you pretty much love everyone. You bring so much joy and happiness to my and your daddy's life - constantly making us laugh. You are the BEST baby. So very good. I'm so lucky to have such a good baby! You are a great sleeper and and an awesome eater. Never fussy (unless you're not feeling well) and always a smile on your little face. You've just now started testing your boundaries and letting us know when you are not happy with what we are making you do/won't let you do...even then, you only "yell" at us for a minute and you are easily over whatever is making you unhappy. It makes mommy SO happy that you are happy. And I think you really are.

Your favorite things right now are the soccer and "Thomas the Train" balls, or any ball for that matter, and you love anything that you can push around like a car. You chase the balls around everywhere, rolling them all over the house. You also love music. You love when daddy or mommy sings or if there's music playing. You even "sing" yourself. And you think its hilarious when mommy dances (daddy doesn't dance). I've noticed you dancing a little yourself now and then. And you love Gemma's toys/bones and playing in her water dish - but I think that's more because you aren't supposed to. And you LOVE your big brother, Jacob. To you, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and everything he says or does is pure awesomeness. I don't blame you one bit, he's a wonderful big brother -so very patient and loving with you. You also love your daddy. The two of you playing together makes my heart melt - he's a pretty great daddy. And your sitter Tonya is Mommy #2 in your eyes. I don't think you'd quite replace me with her, but its pretty close...and I'm ok with that. Because if mommy can't be with you during the day, I want you to be with someone you feel is the next best thing to mommy, and I think she is exactly that. You're always so happy to see her in the morning when I drop you off! This is such a big relief to me that you are happy being there.

I love watching you grow up and I'm so excited to see the little person you are becoming. I am so very blessed to be your mommy. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and you are by far my greatest accomplishment - I hope I am even half of a blessing to you as you are to me. I have enjoyed every single second of your life.

I love you with all of my heart, little man. I hope your first birthday is wonderful and that each birthday after is better than the last.

Love,
Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.