Skip to main content

2011: A Year In Review

I did this last year and its kind of fun to go back and read so I'm going to do a repeat for 2011. Overall, 2011 was...Hard. Lots of leftover emotional "stuff" from 2010 I was still dealing with. I was very ANGRY this year. So was Jason. We had issues. We fought a lot. Things were said and done that I thought we would NEVER say or do to each other. Lots of being mean to each other. Lots of wondering if we were going to make it. But we did. We made it. Sometimes you just have to stick with it and fight through it until you get all the crazies out of your system. But I'm thankful. You never know how much you really love someone and until you've made through a really hard time together. As with any year, there was lots and lots of sad times but there were some amazingly awesome, wonderfully good times as well. Some of the absolutely best and worst memories of my life are wrapped up in this year.

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before? Gave birth - what an amazing experience. And what a strange phenomenon that takes place in your brain/memory after you do that... Its like I immediately forget how miserable I was those last few months and how painful & scary childbirth really is... I actually WANT to do it again! Haha!

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Last year my new year's resolution was to become a MILF...weeeellll, not exactly up to my standards but could possibly be considered a MILF by SOMEONE?! LOL!
My resolutions for this year are as follows:
Lose 29lbs by August (our cruise)
Drink 8 glasses of water a day
Be better organized with time/work/home/etc
Budget, budget, budget
Send a card for every occasion
Take better care of my appearance (SERIOUSLY slacked in 2011)
Blog more.
No candy at work

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? ME! :o) And my sister gave birth to my sweet little niece Caroline.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. One of my most favorite people in the world, my grandfather Dave. I miss him so much it hurts. But I know he's in heaven watching down on me and I talk to him every day. I also lost my Aunt and my Great-Grandmother. And a dear friend of mine that I grew up with died in a car accident. It was a very rough year.

5. What countries did you visit? Just the old U. S. of A. Going to Mex-eee-Coh this year though!!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? Confidence & a sexy bod! And do more fun things with my family...Immediate AND extended!

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 25th, 2011 will be stamped on my heart forever. March 24th - The day Grandpa went to heaven. June 14th - Jamie's car accident

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Not losing my sanity, but losing all my baby weight (mostly) instead. And being a mother to the best baby boy in the world!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not managing my time more wisely.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Infection after I had Brazos & diagnosed with hypothyroidism, but other than that - Nothing! Very blessed.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Our new vehicles! So nice to have reliable cars.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My friend Lindsey - again. I don't know what I'd do without her. I lean on her a lot. I hope she knows how much I love and appreciate her.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? At times, my husband's. And plenty of times, my own. I can say this now because we're over the hump (finally).

14. Where did most of your money go? Brazos, the new cars, & Jason's school

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Being a mom. Jason starting chiropractic school. Getting a brand new 2012 car. Each and every one of Brazos' milestones in his first year. Getting my old relationship with my husband back. Meeting my new niece.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011? You Are My Sunshine - I sang this to Brazos a MILLION times this year :)

17. Compared to this time last year are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier. Thinner. Poorer - 2 for 3 ain't bad! Hopefully I'll be 3 for 3 next year...

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Wish I would have been more productive. I'm seriously contemplating looking into a med or supplement to keep me more focused.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Being insecure. Fighting with Jason. Wasting time.

20. How did you spend Christmas? 17th My dad came up and Brazos opened his presents from Grandpa. 18th Christmas with my family in Farlington. A week in Texas for Christmas! It was a wonderful Christmas!!

21. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes, with two men. My son - he will always and forever have my heart. And fell in love with my husband all over again. I really was to the point I was ready to give up, and probably so was he. Then one day he held me and and kissed me and a flood of emotion overwhelmed me. He was back, the man I fell in love with and his evil twin was gone (haha)! I had missed him so very much but now he's back and I love him even more now than I ever did!!

22. What was your favorite TV program? Biggest Loser, Sons of Anarchy and American Horror Story

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate people - my momma taught me better than that! But I added one or two to the "I don't like you" list that weren't there before...

24. What was the best book you read? The last book in the MacKayla Lane series (ready for the new one to come out!), The Help & The Sookie Stackhouse series

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Five Finger Death Punch - AWESOME! And Jack FM.

26. What did you want and get? My baby boy to be healthy. A new car. My love back to way it was [Not 100% but I'd say a good 98.9%!].

27. What did you want and not get? World peace and a million dollars...I keep waiting for this one!

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Breaking Dawn! My hubby took me to see it IN THE THEATRE! :o)

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? For my 29th birthday, I got a mani and a pedi and we took the boys to the go-cart track (Brazos and I just watched) and later went for snow cones...its was a WONDERFUL low-key birthday!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To skip all the fighting we did this year and get back to "us" much sooner. Not having to go back to work after maternity leave!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? A cute new hair cut and in the process of re-vamping my style to a more polished me. Loving boots, skinny jeans, heels, and lots and lots of BLING

32. What kept you sane? God - there's no other explanation, I don't know how I'm sane at the moment other than God.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jax Teller - hot, hot, hot

34. What political issue stirred you the most? I hate our politicians.

35. Who did you miss the most? Our friends and family in SEK and Texas. It was a lonely year. No one comes to see us and we can't go see everyone like we used to. And obviously, my grandpa!!

36. Who was the best new person you met? Danny's new girlfriend Amanda! We mesh very well! :)

37. Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. Don't ever give up on the things you want!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Don't Stop Believing, Hold on to that Feeling" - Journey

Comments

Heather said…
They say the first year after having a baby (1st, 2nd or 10th) is the hardest on a marraige. And it IS. Glad you guys got through it.

You know you can call me anytime to talk about anything. No judgement.

Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Jason's Graduation: Part II

Dr. Allen, DC 4/5 of our marriage has been spent working towards this day. To say we are excited would be a great understatement. I can't even put into words how excited/happy/scared/proud/relieved, etc, etc, etc we are. There just are no words. Jason has worked tirelessly towards this goal. Countless hours of studying. Sacrificing time with me and the kids. And all the work he put in advertising and recruiting patients into the clinic. Personal training early mornings and late nights to help makes ends meet.  And I think of all the sacrifice we've made as a family. Living in a townhouse and then a tiny apartment. I've been the primary provider and a mostly single parent during some stages. And a constant cheerleader and standing behind pushing. We've both been pushing uphill for what seems like forever towards this goal. And we've made it. Not to discount his hard work, because he was the one who really accomplished this goal but I like to think we accomplished thi