Skip to main content

I love to oat, oat, oat, opples & bononos!

Brazos has entered the world of solid foods! He had been eating a little bit of rice cereal here and there but the first time we tried it a couple months ago in the bowl, he was still thrusting his tongue and didn't quite get it. So after his 6 month appt, we got the go ahead to start solids full on - which means FRUITS! :o)

So we went with Bananas (and then applesauce a few days later) and switch over to oatmeal instead of rice cereal. I'm still pumping breastmilk for his cereal and he gets BF in the morning when he wakes up but the rest of the day he's getting formula. After a rough month of clogged ducts, being far too busy for all my scheduled pump times at work, and a yucky case of mastitis that had me down with a 102* fever for three days, my milk supply has dwindled down to nothing. So, I'm accepting defeat [somewhat] and I'm switching over to morning and night BF only. It was a tough decision but its been a couple weeks and now I feel like it was the right one. I feel less stressed and Braz will be on all solid foods in a couple months during the day and I will [hopefully] be able to supply the rest of his milk morning and night.

Daddy can help feed Brazos now too which makes Mommy happy and I think Daddy is very happy to be able to be a little more involved with Braz too. At first, Braz wasn't getting the "open your mouth" part of eating from a spoon so it was a little frustrating to say the least. And he didn't seem to happy about it either!


Struggling to keep Braz's attention was the biggest problem.

Daddy's goofy faces and noises were about the best attention-grabbers.


It took a few days and lots of trying but I think he's finally got the hang of it...

Now he LUNGES for the spoon, scrunches his little nose, and opens his mouth as wide as he can. He's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life but I may be a little biased.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL!!! Love the last picture the best!! :)

Grammy

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.