Skip to main content

Grandpa's Obituary

PITTSBURG — David L. Burr, 76, of Pittsburg, KS, passed away at 6:10 p.m., Thursday, March 24, 2011 at Sunset Manor Nursing Home in Frontenac, KS.He was born October 23, 1934, at Pittsburg, KS, to Jack V. and Ella A. (Campbell) Burr. David grew up and attended local Pittsburg schools and graduated from Pittsburg High School in 1952. He graduated from Pittsburg State University with a Business Administration degree in 1956. On June 8, 1956, he was married to Kathleen (Kay) Kauble in Pittsburg, KS. Mr. Burr worked as the Sports Editor of the Morning Sun during his senior year of college. After graduation, he worked for Hallmark Cards in Kansas City. He resigned to work for Swift & Company as a sales representative and plant manager. In 1970, he went to work for George H. Weyer, Inc. of Kansas City, MO as a sales representative. He worked at the manager of Rio Grande Village for National Park Concessions at Big Bend National Park in Texas. Mr. Burr then worked on the staff at Elm Acres as a shift supervisor from 1985 to 1990. In 1993, he was employed by Envision, Inc. to open, staff and manage a manufacturing plant in Pittsburg. He continued working there until he retired in May 1998. Membership was held in the Crossroads Baptist Church, A.F. & A.M. Lodge #261, Scottish Rite at Ft. Scott, KS. He is survived by his wife Kathleen (Kay) Burr of the home; two sons, Rod Burr and his wife Debra of Elkton, MD, and Mark Burr and his wife Patsy; one daughter, Karla Tersinar and her husband Jeff of Hepler, KS; two sisters, Judy Crews and husband Bob of Pittsburg, KS, and Beverly Fite and husband Larry of Pittsburg, KS; nine grandchildren, Stormie and Samantha Burr, Dawn Allen and husband Jason of Martin City, MO, Joshua Tersinar of Olathe, KS, Heather Busch and husband Walter of Pittsburg, KS, Dustin Tersinar and wife Amelia of Pittsburg, KS, and Jason, Megan, and Shaun Burr of Elkton, MD.; five great-grandchildren; Sidney and Lundon Tersinar of Olathe, KS, Jacob and Brazos Allen of Martin City, MO, and Maxwell Busch and Baby Busch due in September, of Pittsburg, KS. He was preceded in death by his parents and one grandson Matthew Burr. Celebration of Life services will be at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday (March 30) at Crossroads Baptist Church, south of Girard, KS, with Rev. Mike Buckamneer officiating. The family will receive friends from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Brenner Mortuary. Memorials may be directed to Elm Acres Youth and Family Services/D.C.C.C.A. and/or Crossroads Baptist Church. These may be left at or mailed to Brenner Mortuary, 114 E. 4th St., Pittsburg, KS 66762 Friends may also leave condolences online at www.brennermortuary.com. Arrangements are under the direction of the Brenner Mortuary, Pittsburg,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.