Skip to main content

My Very First Mother's Day

I have to start off by saying, my husband is amazing. He made my first mother's day so very special. He really put some effort into making the day great and I am so thankful and feel very blessed to have him in my life.


My weekend started off on Friday night when he gave me my jogging stroller I've been wanting. I got to use it in the park on Saturday (well he pushed while we were jogging) where I very, very sloooowly jogged my first 2 miles in over a year!! I haven't even ran a MILE in a year let alone T*W*O miles and outside no less - not on a treadmill. It felt horrible and it was an ugly, ugly run but I did it! LOL! Saturday night, Jason cooked out steaks on the grill and we made baked potatoes with broccoli cheese sauce. With the gorgeous weather and cold beer it was an AWESOME dinner. Later we decided we needed to make a run for Cold Stone Creamery and have some ice cream - it wasn't as good as we were hoping so next time we've decided just to do DQ or Sonic ice cream (HAHA).

Sunday morning I got to sleep in and I was greeted with a yummy Mimosa in bed to start my day. I got to lounge in bed and read a book all morning and just relax which was VERY much needed and felt grrreat! I then got breakfast in bed - Jason's awesome breakfast tacos! My sweet baby boy let mommy sleep in too! He didn't get up until 10! He loves his mommy :o) Brazos got me a new "B" baby block charm to go on my expressions bracelet (the Helzberg version of Pandora bracelets), and Jason got me two new cute tops! One of them to wear out on our date for my Birthday in a couple weeks and the other in the picture above to wear out on our PICNIC he had planned for our lunch that day at the park! It was so sweet and he made sandwiches and everything for our little picnic... The weather was gorgeous and although a little windy it was absolutely perfect. We all went out, including Gemma, to enjoy the day and lunch at the park.

When we got home, Jason got a call on his cell phone and it was Jacob, calling to wish me a Happy Mother's Day!! So sweet!! He was so excited to tell me Happy Mother's Day and I wished he could have been with us to celebrate the day and enjoy the picnic especially, but I'm sure he had a great day with his Momma instead.

We finished out the evening with Celebrity Apprentice and he made me supper again so I could relax and snuggle with my baby boy. I feel like I already had the best gift of all and that was being a mommy to begin with! But, my boys really made me feel super pampered and loved all weekend, I love them so much!! :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.