Skip to main content

I would never survive as a 50's housewife...

My house is a complete wreck all the time. Dishes always in the sink. Laundry piling up. Clothes to be folded. Stacks of papers and crap everywhere. I hate it but most of all JASON hates it and complains about it to me constantly. The problem is - I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE TIME TO FIX IT!!!??????????

How do working mom's do it?? Seriously, I want to know....Really, PLEASE tell me. I don't know how to find the time without sacrificing what teeny tiny amount of quality time I have with Jason or getting less sleep (which i don't get very much to begin with).

Here's my schedule:

5:30-5:45 am - Get up to take shower, get dressed, get make-up on/hair done, etc.
6:30-6:45 am - Get Brazos up to feed, change him, etc. Pack diaper bag, pump bag, lunch, etc.
7:00-7:15 am - Leave the house
7:30-7:45 am - Drop Brazos off at Tonya's
8:15-8:30 am - Get to work
9:00 am - Pump
11:30 am - Lunch
12:00 pm - Pump
3:00 pm - Pump
4:30-5:00 pm - Leave work
5:45 pm - Pick up Brazos
6:00-6:15 pm - Get home, feed Brazos
6:45-7:00 pm - Workout (Or TRY to workout if B isn't fussy)
7:30 pm - Start supper (Feed B again right before or after)
8:00-8:30 pm - Jason Home
8:30-9:00 pm - Eat Supper, Feed Brazos
9:30 pm - Start trying to rock Braz to sleep, watch TV with Jason
10:00-11:30 pm - Get Brazos to sleep, go to bed

Seriously...where do I put cleaning house?? Brazos is usually pretty fussy and needy in the evenings and I'm lucky to get a workout in and supper done. Sometimes Jason cooks supper but I'm usually dealing with Brazos during those nights and he won't let me put him down for more than 10 minutes without screaming and fussing. I guess I could just let him scream?! A lot of times I do to get the dish washer unloaded and loaded, but that's about all I get done. I could do housework and let Jason rock Brazos while he's watching TV in the evenings but then I get ZERO time with Jason. OR, I could stay up after Brazos goes to sleep and do some but by that time I'm always so completely exhausted all I can do is go to bed. Jason INSISTS that I workout every night (damn me for telling him I wanted him to stay on my butt after I had Brazos so I could get my weight down), so I can't cut out the workouts. I could workout over my lunch break I suppose and free up 30 minutes for housework in the evenings but I usually work through my lunch. I could get up earlier and do my workout so I free up some time in the evening, but, again, I would get less sleep than I already do and I feel like I barely function as it is.

Am I just feeling sorry for myself and should just suck it up and do my "job" regardless of how little sleep and time I spend with Jason?!

I don't know how to do it and I feel horrible for not being able to do a better job (Jason's not exactly making me feel any better about it either). AND, Jason has breaks during the day where he's home alone a lot of the times, should I expect him to do housework while he's home?? I think he would expect me to do it if the schedules were reversed.

THANKFULLY, my cousin Sam is coming over to clean once a week (ie bathrooms, vacuum, dust, etc.) so at least I don't have to worry about that part but the house is a cluttered mess still and I have laundry to do, clothes to fold and Brazos' room is a nightmare...The house gets trashed between Wednesdays when she comes over.

Ugh. I wish I had two more hands and two more hours in the day. :o(

Comments

Heather said…
Um, tell Jason to get over it or do it himself.

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.