Skip to main content

Hoppy Easter Ya'll :o)

We went down to Texas for Easter. This was Brazos' first trip down south and by far his longest car ride to date. I sat in back with the B monster and Jake rode shot-gun. He was pretty excited to ride up front AND to go see our family!


Doesn't he look so cute with front teeth!! :o)




Ready to hit the road!


Brazos did awesome on the way down! Only fussed a little when he was hungry. I made sure to feed him at every stop so he could stretch a little. I was so proud of him! We did have SEVERAL poopie diapers on the way down though - little stinker!


Friday morning we made our typical pit stop at Shipley's in Waco for breakfast and hit the last leg of our trip there. When we finally made it to Tom and Pam's, Jason and I crashed and took a little nap. (Well Jason tried, Gemma was being a pain so he only got about 45 minutes or so) Mimi got to spend some quality time with the boys while we rested. Memaw and Papaw were the first ones to arrive to see us and meet Brazos. Memaw snatched Brazos away from Mimi real fast.


Jason and I went on a little shopping trip for clothes for our family pics. We stopped and had Freebirds for lunch. It was delish as usual!! Oh how I love me some Freebirds... We shopped a little and Jason pooped out on me so I went back to the mall later while he finished his nap.


Saturday the family all came over for lunch and to meet Brazos first the first time. I didn't think I was going to get Brazos back from Aunt Julie! Everyone was pretty taken with him, which isn't too surprising, and they all spoiled him pretty good. We took family pics with Elise on Saturday and got some pics of Brazos for his 3 months. She's the photog that took our wedding pics last summer. I can't wait to see them! She had quite the chore getting all four grandkids to take a good pic, but I think she got a couple of good ones in there.


Saturday night, Jason and I got to go out on a mini-date. We went to take Jacob out to stay the night at Memaw & Papaw's and went by Mumsy's house to check on her and say hello. After we visited with Mumsy for a little bit, we decided to go to Casa Ole for dinner - just the two of us. Casa Ole has the B-E-S-T pina colada's ever! So, of course, I had to have one of those with my dinner. It was nice to sit down and eat just the two of us. We at super fast and was only there for about 15 minutes...I guess we are not used to having so much free time to eat anymore! HAHA


Sunday the Easter Bunny came!! Yay!!


Jake's Easter Basket - A new ball glove!! :)




Brazos' Easter Basket - Some new binkies and an AC/DC onesie!!


After Jake hunted the Easter eggs the Easter Bunny left, we all got ready and went to church. The place was PACKED and we had to sit out in the lobby and watch one of the monitors right outside one of the nursery's so it was a little hard to hear but I'm still glad we went. After church, the kiddos hunted for Easter eggs in the backyard (Brazos had to watch of course but he'll be running around with them next year I'm sure!). After church we took them (minus Brazos) to see "Hop". It was freaking adorable! The kids loved it...and so did I actually... I want a bunny!!

We had a great visit and none of us were ready to leave - well, Jason really just didn't want to have to make the 12 hour drive again...HAHA



The Allen Grandkids


On the way home poor Jacob got carsick while he was trying to do some homework. But other than that we had a smooth trip home. We stopped in Gainsville to eat at Cracker Barrell and once we left Texas it rained on us the entire way home. Brazos slept the entire way back. Again, I was super, super proud and a very happy Mommy that he did so well! We'll see how he does on the way down for Christmas this year. He'll be almost a year old by then and it may be a whole new ball game then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.