Skip to main content

A Much Needed Update On Baby A

I've been feeling a little better the last couple of days - which is pretty typical for me to have ups and downs - but I'm grateful to feel like myself again for the time being at least.


We're still monitoring Baby A's SUA. At my last appointment Dr. Rips ordered weekly Biophysical Profiles which basically is a sonogram to measure his movements. They check for a flex movement, heart rate, umbilical heart rate (to see how hard his cord has is working), and he has to take consecutive breaths. I had my first bio yesterday and he passed the first three right off the bat, but he was sleepy and wouldn't take consecutive breaths. He would take one breath and then stop. We tried poking and prodding and I moved back and forth from my back to my side. Finally, in the last 3 minutes he started taking a couple breaths back to back. Stubborn little man...so he passed his bio. The sonographer said it was normal to have trouble getting them to take consecutive breaths, so that's not anything to be concerned about. I have another next Wednesday, I think I'll drink some juice before I got to wake him up a little bit. Its a pain to have these appointments every week, but you won't hear me complaining! I get to see my little man every week!! How awesome is that!?!


Did I mention in my last post that I passed my glucose test?? Did I even update on my last appointment??!? I don't think I did update (dang I'm slacking), but I passed so no GD for me! Yay! And more importantly, I only gained ONE pound last month. Whoo-hoo for me! The nurse was so surprised she weighed me twice... :o) The growth scan went well, his heart rate was 144. His umbilical cord is NOT having to work overtime to make up for the missing artery, its functioning normally - very good news. And my chunky monkey is measuring 3.5 POUNDS! Go baby go! It was very cool to see him, as usual, and it was awesome that my mom go to go with me to see him. The sonographer was very nice and took her time so we really got a good show. He was laying straight across my belly, head on my right side, feet all the way over to my left. He had one of his little legs clear up by his face, and was playing with his toes. So sweet to watch him so relaxed and playing in there. At my bio yesterday he has already turned his head down towards my right hip and his feet up by my left side ribs. I already knew his feet were by my ribs though, its like he's running a marathon on my left side sometimes. Ha!


All in all, everything is going very well. He looks very normal and healthy. I'm getting some of my fatigue back which is fun. I do ok if I don't work out at night, but I'm trying to keep working out to help with circulation, etc.

This weekend I'm going down to mom and dad's - Saturday is an all day scrapbooking day SUPER PUMPED about that and Sunday is my sister-in-laws baby shower which I'm very excited about as well. I made another baby wipe travel case for her which turned out pretty cute. I'll have to make sure I get pictures. I didn't get a picture of the one I made for the girl at work's shower but it turned out pretty cute as well. Anyway....J is staying home this weekend to do some Christmas shopping, so even though I'm going to miss him terribly (I don't get cell service at their house), its good for us to spend some time apart. Plus he's shopping for me too, so...you know, that's cool :o)

And today, for work, my department is all sporting sweater vests in honor (or dishonor however you want to look at it - Ha!) of our boss. So HAPPY SWEATER VEST DAY everybody! :o) Have a great weekend!

Comments

Bobbi Sharp said…
Yay for healthy babies!

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.