Skip to main content

Bad Date Delimma

What do you do when you leave your favorite jewelry at their house?

So, funny dating story time. This guy friend of mine, we all have this one when we are single, he was my if-he-was-single guy friend. The one you have a great time with and you just know that if he were single, you'd really hit it off. He's the back-up, your comfort zone, the guy that you think of when you're feeling really lousy about your last bad episode, that at least you know that if he was single... you get my point. Anyway, so he calls me up a month ago and "casually" we get around to the topic of his no longer being single... wait a minute! Excuse me! My if-he-was-single guy is S-I-N-G-L-E?? Giddiness!! :o) So he wants me to come over to "hang out" and I can't see through my Giddy Goggles to realize what this phone call is really about so I head on over. Big smiles all the way... And we are chillin on the couch drinking a beer...um, I mean, two beers, ok it was like four. I can drink beer. So, we're both feelin fine and he pulls the lean in move and we start making out and one thing leads to another and, yep, you guessed it... we were in his room. This sort of behavior continues on for the rest of the p.m. hours. Finally we are doing the pillow talk thing and he turns to me and says "I'm so exhausted from dating, I'm just going to take a break for a while"... It was a good thing it was dark because the words"Huh?!?! WTF?!?" had to be written across my face. Then a wince and the thought crosses my mind " NOOOOOO, not my if-he-was-single guy!!!" and I take an internal sigh and chime in "yeah, I'm not into dating anyone right now either". Which I know sounds like as big a load a bull to him as it did to me... but anyway, I'm kicking myself in the figurative @ss for not seeing this for what it was in the first place and getting ready for that one-night-stand walk of shame the next morning. Well, morning comes and I've got to leave early (thank goodness it wasn't a weekend that I would feel compelled to "hang around" for a little while and feel awkward) and I say my goodbyes and as I'm leaving think to myself "well, never gonna see him again"....

Then, I get home. Wears my earrings....uh, my necklace....oh, dang my favorite ring??!? [eye roll] and [big sigh]. So I text him to let him know that I was really sorry but I left jewelry there and to just let me know when would be a good time to come and get it... ... ... ... ... ...no. response. ... ... ... still. nothing. So a couple days later I finally hear from him in a text. Sorry haven't gotten back to you. Call me later. So after work that night I call. No. Answer. Seriously?! WTF? Ok so another few days go by. No call back. So, I send another message. When can I get my stuff? You can see where this is going. A lot of the same. He would text say I'll meet you mid-week and then not hear from him. I send another annoyed text asking for my stuff. Hear nothing back for days then a message from him. It's been over a month. Seriously man, I just want my favorite jewelry back. This is not a desperate attempt to see you again. It wasn't that good... Ok sorry, TMI, but seriously! I don't understand it. He's not THAT busy. And all this avoidance and unavailability makes me think that he didn't break up with his girlfriend at all - not that that really matters to me at this point at all, other than it's giving me ideas of revenge if I don't get my things! [insert evil laugh here] Mwah, ha hahahaha.... Anyway, I don't have proof enough to plot revenge strategies so I have to just keep harrassing him and hoping he will break down and give in! Does that ever work? Probably not. But I'm pouty about my jewelry and I can't find any that I like to replace it so he's going to suffer too...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.