Skip to main content

My Belated Birthday Gift


Yep! That's right, that's two pink lines you see!!

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!

I had my first appointment last Friday (June 11th) with Dr. Rips ~Yeah, no seriously, that's really her name~ Anyway, I had my first appointment and everything went great! J went with me and we just couldn't be more excited. This (obviously) wasn't planned and was a bit of a belated birthday surprise to find out I was knocked up, but we are very happy and ready for this BIG step.

So the day after my birthday, J and I were talking and I realized that through all the excitement the week before, I had somehow forgotten to have my period. Wow, that NEVER happens!! I always have pee sticks around because I'm paranoid like that with all my habitual drinking binges and such so I told him that if I didn't have my monthly visit in a couple days, I would take a test although I really wasn't concerned. But, Monday morning (May 24th) I woke up and was just too curious. So, I peed on the stick and hopped in the shower and the picture above was what I saw when I came out of the shower... That was pretty much my response but over and over again. So, I took said picture with my phone and text to J. It took him a long time to respond but the response I DID get was "Holy shit! Are you serious?". We decided I would take another test when I got home just to be sure before we called our parents and sibs. Aaaand, it was positive too. We called, everyone was shocked and excited.

So back to last Friday, the Dr's appt, J went with me which was really great although I hadn't had a Pap in almost a year so J got to witness his first duck bill attack and breast lump check. Awesome. BUT - it was good that he was there because (in his usual direct, pushy fashion) he asked when we would get to see the baby/have an ultrasound. And she was cool enough to *wink, wink* let the sonographer know that I had had some spotting so I would need a u/s to make sure everything looked ok. In case you couldn't tell from the winks, she fibbed to the sonographer, I haven't had any spotting. So we got to see little our little jellybean and see his/her little heart fluttering. It was absolutely amazing and the most surreal/awesome moment of my life. Of course, the sono lady said everything looked great and the baby's heartbeat was 155. Here's little jellybean's first photo:He/She's the little blob in the middle - Adorable huh?! I know :)

So, the official due date from the Doc is January 25th, which is great cause I know lots of really cool people with Jan. 25th bdays! ;) And J's really happy cause January bdays are kind of tradition in his fam - He and j's birthdays are both in January, as well as his Dad's, his dad's dad's, a cousin and several others. With my due date, that puts me at 8 weeks and 2 days today.

Wellp, that's my exciting news that I've been BURSTING to tell you all! I suppose it should really be an ENGAGEMENT announcement but we're just doing things backwards... I'm sure that announcement will come soon enough but right now I'm going bask in the glory of motherhood and enjoy not having to suck in my gut and look thin for the next 7 1/2 months!~

Comments

Darci said…
Yea! Congrats! And I know you kept mentioning Jason and his family as having the cool january bdays, but we both know that you mean ME! b/c my bday is the due date! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.