Skip to main content

Dress Shopping, Part 1 of...?? Who knows...

I have to ask, if you were looking at this dress would you use any of the following words to describe it: informal, unembellished, light weight, casual

No, didn't think so. The people at David's Bridal were not helpful. I kept telling her things like, Informal, very casual, Texas in July...INFORMAL. This is the last dress she pulled for me. It fit me terribly and was not at all what I described. At least you can see my baby bump brewing up nicely! :) Cause that's what every shot gun wedding bride dreams of... LOL

All kidding aside. I did find an ok dress there but it would be WAY TOO HEAVY AND HOT. But I suppose, if I had to choose between the too hot dress and something way too informal, I would choose this dress. Atleast I somewhat have a backup. Its a little too long so that part would have to be altered (darn you short legs) but other than that, not too bad.

My friend L and I also went and got the bridesmaids dresses. We were going to order them online but of course they were out of all the sizes we needed online but they had them in stock in store. Of course, each size was in a DIFFERENT store. Nothing can be boring and easy people. There's always GOT to be some extra little excitement in all I do. I when I say excitement, I really mean HASSLE. Oh well, we got them (well I'm still waiting for one of them to be shipped to me because JCPenney's has decided to discontinue their "ship to store" service - way to go JCP a-holes). L tried hers on and I think they look really cute...and COMFORTABLE and LIGHT WEIGHT - so perfect :)


I'm glad the girls' dresses have been checked off the list. One less thing. MY dress saga however...??

TO BE CONTINUED...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.

When Life Hands You Lemons

Today is the day. Grandpa's visitation and tomorrow's the funeral. The last couple of days its really hit me. He's gone. My Grandpa was a wonderful man. We've all been smiling, laughing and reminising about all the funny things he used to do and say. We fondly remember his sweet tooth and love for all things lemon flavored. But something I never really thought about until now is that he was handed a lot of crappy cards on the health side of life and hasn't been in good health for the last 20 years but I never really heard him complain about it. In fact, every time I saw him he had a huge smile on his face and wanted to know all about what I had been up to and what I was doing. He was so very proud of all of us kids. So proud. Didn't matter what we were doing or what we'd accomplished, his eyes would twinkle with pride. I'm going to miss him terribly. Today and tomorrow are going to be hard but its all the days after that are going to be truly trying... L...

Almost Fainted Yesterday - Not. Cool.

Yesterday late morning I was sitting at my desk and I felt...funny. Then the "funny" feeling turned into ears ringing, hot flash, seeing stars, light- headedness . Scared the poo out of me. So I sat at my desk for a good 2 to 3 minutes with my head between my knees - or atleast as close to my knees as I can get right now - trying not to panic and make it worse. I never actually passed out/fainted but got pretty close. The thing that scared me the most though was that NO ONE AROUND ME NOTICED! Not that I wanted all kinds of people flocking over to me to see if I was ok , but would have felt a little better if one person would've atleast thrown me an "are you alright?". I hope I never go into labor at work, good grief. I'll be driving myself to the hospital and two hours later people will be going "Where's D?" That diva moment aside, I finally felt ok to stand up and walk to the breakroom to get a glass of water and then asked my boss to go d...