Skip to main content

Romping In The Bluebonnets

This weekend was our weekend in Texas for J's buddy's wedding. So, J, j, Gemma and myself all loaded up, and we drove down Thursday night (overnight) to BCS to spend some time with J's family too. I, of course, have never been down to Texas in the spring, but the wildflowers are GORGEOUS, especially the bluebonnets. It just looks like they exploded all over the country side! They were everywhere. J's mom wanted us all to take some pictures in the bluebonnets so we drove out to the side of a road in the middle of wherever and took some pics. They turned out great. It was quite entertaining to get the kiddos (J's nieces were there too) to cooperate and the puppy, not to mention J's mom losing her balance to kneel down with her grandbabies. And she had to wrangle all three kids and a puppy to take J & I's pic together...God bless her. It was NOT easy. Ha! The most adorable picture of them all was of my little baby girl:


How precious is this picture??!? Ugh! I could squeeze her to death and eat her up, she's so freaking cute! *Squee* The adorableness is seriously fatal people....Adore at your own risk.

The wedding venue was absolutely gorgeous - in fact, that place is my DREAM house - but I have to say the wedding and reception its self was a major snooze. Not just by my high/wild standards, just boring in general. J's friend (the groom) was way too busy to really visit with which isn't a surprise but everyone else J knew basically was IN the wedding. We came with another couple so we all decided to leave and go out during the reception. We were supposed to meet the bride and groom out at the hotel after they were done but got the hotels mixed up (Went to Hyatt B instead of Hyatt A kind of thing - across town, oops), so we didn't get to see them anymore. She didn't really seem like my type of hang out buddy anyway, but I was sad that J didn't get to see his friend more than he did. J wanted to see the MMA fights that were happening that night (Oh Gawd. Would be a pity and a shame to miss those) so we went to Twin Peaks to watch the fights. Very crowded. Full of DPickles. Thought we were back in JOCO for a minute. In case you don't know what "Twin Peaks" is, its like a Hooters only with a Lumberjack theme and no ugly tan tights and high tops.

We then went out to one of the bar districts and went to Coyote Ugly. It was exactly like the movie in that the bar name was the same, the bartenders were girls and they danced on the bar, but its so much more tacky and "girl-on-girl" in real life. I really felt out of place cause, you know, I'm not bi. Saw four or five really awkward - "girl licking girl" body shots so...score there. I think J wished for a split second that I was into all that wild "making out with random members of the same sex to impress your boyfriend" type activity, and then remembered, hey, he may actually want me to be the mother of his children someday, and - lets face it people - you just can't be both. You just can't. You're either one or the other, its just NOT possible to be both. Love or Lust...

Anyway, so that was fun and we stayed up way too late and had to get up early yesterday morning to drive all 12 hours back home. I'm pooped, so that's all your getting for now. Hopefully this post makes sense and I didn't leave anything cool out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.