Skip to main content

The Past Decade in Review

Kind of got this idea from another blog I read and of course I have been thinking about all that I've done/accomplished/been through/celebrated/etc. in the past decade. Its been by far my busiest and most eventful decade of my life so I thought it might be cool to document some of these things! I'm sure this will be an evolving post since I suffer from can't-remember-sh*t disease but I'll do my best to remember at least what order things took place...

Lived through Y2K Scare
Lived to see the change of a millennium
Lost my V card
Sr. Prom
First Gyno visit (loverly)
Started birth control
Turned 18
Graduated HS
Step-brother got married
Moved out of my parents house (into my grandparents)
Started College
Wrecked my first car
Moved again (with Grandparents)
Moved out on my own to my very first rental place
Moved out of my very first rental place to my second
First Credit Card (boo)
Turned 21 (Yay booze)
First Concert
Godson Jarrett was born
Bought my first house
Realized what debt was REALLY like
First Chiefs Game
Graduated from college
First Airplane Ride/Trip to CA/Trip to Vegas/Time Seeing the Ocean
Worked at Bookstore (3 whole months)
Got my first real Accounting Job (NPC)
Found out I have High Cholesterol
Bought my first car
My first niece, Sid, born!!
Got Engaged to Loser #1
Got BAPTIZED!!! :o)
Got Married to Loser #1
Turned 25 (Yay I can rent a car)
Tried to have a baby - F.A.I.L.
Little sister got engaged
Got job at Watco
Got Divorced
Lost 30lbs in 6 months (not healthy I know)
Lived on my own, by myself for the first time ever
Started dating Loser #2
First Royals Game
Sister got married
Broke up with Loser #2
Got job at Lockton & Moved 2 hours away from home
Met L and became BFF's (later introduced me to J)
My first nephew is born - My Maximus!!
Relived my college experience and partying way too much and dating Loser #3, #4....etc, etc, etc
Started blog because of previous
Met J
Almost made a bad decision but quickly corrected it and stayed with J
Turned 27 (eek - getting close to 30!!!)
First half naked professional pictures - LOL
First time at Rockfest!!
First Biopsy (just a scare - whew)
Met j
Ran a mile for the first time in a long time
Ran 2 miles for the first time ever
Ran 2.5 miles for the first time ever
J met my family
Met J's parents
Parents celebrated 25 years together!
J moved in with me
First Trip to Texas
Met J's family
Little brother got engaged
J & I get our first place together

And J, j, and I celebrated the ringing in of the new year by watching movies and hanging out at home. I feel asleep but J woke me up at midnight to tell me Happy New Year and give me a new year kiss. Boring yes, but it was great. I completely skipped Christmas I know. I'll post about it later... I'm supposed to be working right now so I better get to it!

Hope you all have a very BLESSED and wonderful new year and Decade!! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.