Skip to main content

Year In Review: 2013

Wow! 2013 really flew by!! Where did the time go...? Pregnancy really sucked the year away I guess. Here's my annual recap of the year (hopefully I can remember enough to put in here). Goodbye 2013 - I hardly knew ye. Hello 2014 - let's make it a good one, shall we!

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before? Painted pottery and painted on canvas. Became a Tax Accountant (bleh-not by choice).Went to the San Antonio Zoo.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year my new year's resolution was as follows:
I'm changing this. I read the bloggess' post about the year "2012+1" and her irrational fear of the number 13. To comfort herself she has dubbed the year 2013 as "The Library" and called it the year that doesn't matter, a year of mistakes and hanging out in the proverbial "Library" - a practice year for 2014. I love this and I'm declaring 2013 my year of allowing myself to make mistakes, not assigning myself any anxiety-ridden goals to obtain, and taking the year for myself. I'm going to do what makes me happy. Keep a positive attitude and focus on myself and my family. Yeah...I like that idea

Well...Personal goals definitely took a back seat this year but I didn't take the year for myself, being pregnant and all. For 2014, my goals are to get back into shape and run a 5K by April and then run several more races throughout the year, find a new job (ASAP), to enjoy my boys even though my schedule is hectic, and to take time for myself as much as possible.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me!

4. Did anyone close to you die? My Great Uncle passed away and a very good friend from HS's little brother died in a car accident.

5. What countries did you visit? Stayed in the US this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Time for myself and hopefully my fitness and smaller figure back

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 26 - Beckett's birthday :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making a human being. Not killing my co-worker. Letting go of 2012. Finding a church!

9. What was your biggest failure? Being patient with Brazos

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Food poisoning in July...while pregnant = not cool. Otherwise, it was a very healthy year all around, VERY thankful!!

11. What was the best thing you bought? New computer & new bedroom set

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband, who has been sober for a year and a half now and is halfway through his Doctorate program.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Jake's mother. Completely disgusted.

14. Where did most of your money go? Credit repair, bills, groceries, and daycare. Not much money for anything else.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My little Beckett!! :)

16. What song will always remind you of 2013? Blurred Lines

17. Compared to this time last year are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier (mostly). Fatter. Poorer. Next year, my goal is to be truly Happier, Thinner, Richer! :)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Running and keeping my diet under control. Being happy with myself. Being patient with Brazos. Budgeting money better.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Losing my temper with Brazos. 

20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve Night, Christmas Day and Day after with my mom, 26th evening with my Dad then went to Texas through Jan 5th.

21. Did you fall in love in 2013? Trying to fall back in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Biggest Loser, American Horror Story: Coven, Project Runway

23. Do you hate dislike anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Jake's mom.

24. What was the best book you read? Hunger Games trilogy (I'm behind the times I know)

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Eh - I listened to the same old music I did last year.

26. What did you want and get? A healthy baby boy

27. What did you want and not get? Some things, I have realized and accepted this year, I will never have. BUT accepting that and letting it go has made me happier in the end.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Oz the Great and Powerful!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31 this year. We we out to eat and I went and got a pedi. It was a pretty uneventful birthday really.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A different job. More money. Less tears. More patience.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Maternity. Whatever fit and wasn't too hot.

32. What kept you sane? God - there's no other explanation, I don't know how I'm sane at the moment other than God.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Charlie Hunam - so wish he was still going to play Christian Grey in the 50 Shades movie....

34. What political issue stirred you the most? ObamaCare

35. Who did you miss the most? My husband. His work and school schedule make it hard to spend time together. And my family - miss them so much all the time and REALLY could use family around right now to help.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Probably our pastor

37. Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. Let go and Let GOD.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Who's lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants!

Comments

Heather said…
You need to read the Divergent series!! Seriously, do it!

And watch the Walking Dead.

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.