Skip to main content

{12} of THIRTY

12. Describe a typical day in your current life.

I know this schedule is about to change dramatically, with Beckett so close to making his grand entrance, so I will be glad I wrote this down so I can longingly look back on the only SEMI-craziness that was my schedule before Beckett. This isn't every day but this is most days in our current lives.

~2:30 - 3:00 am - Brazos wakes up and cries for "Mommy". Without fail. Every. Night. Go into his room, snuggle/smootch him, tuck him back in. Go back to my room, go pee, and go back to bed.

4:30 am - Jason's alarm goes off, he stumbles out of bed and turns on the bathroom light, waking me from my not-so-sound sleep. I grumble to myself and go back to sleep or get up to pee and go back to bed/sleep.

4:50 am - Jason kisses me goodbye [pretty sure he does this every time he gets up this early, I don't always wake up to return the goodbye]

5:45 am - Alarm goes off. Hit Snooze.

5:54 am - Alarm goes off. Hit Snooze.

6:03 am - Alarm goes off. Hit Snooze.

6:12 am - Alarm goes off. Hit Snooze. Typically Brazos wakes up at this point and comes in to bed with me. Occasionally he will go back to sleep. Mostly just insists on watching "TB".

6:21 am - Alarm goes off. Finally get up. Turn on cartoons for Brazos. Go pee.

6:30 am - Get "Good Morning babe!" text from Jason. This happens every morning during the week without fail, unless he's home that morning.

6:32 am - Turn on shower to let it warm up, put in contacts, brush teeth, weigh myself, get in shower. [I'm a creature of habit]

6:50 am - Get out of shower. Yell at Brazos to come back in our room and watch cartoons until I'm done getting ready.

6:55 am - Get Dressed. Dry/Half-@ss fix my hair. Yell at Brazos some more. Do my make-up. Make the bed.

7:15 am - Change Brazos diaper/put him on the potty. Dress Brazos for the day. Tell him to go let Gemma out of her kennel. All head downstairs. Put Gemma outside on the leash. Put Brazos at the table and give him his yogurt/Cheerios/Banana. Make my lunch for the day and take my morning meds/vitamins. Let Gemma back inside, put food in her bowl or have Brazos put her food in her bowl. Make my coffee to-go.

7:35 am - Gather up my lunch bag, purse, phone, Brazos and head out the door.

7:45 - 8:00 am - Drop Brazos off at school and typically have a very looooong goodbye.

~8:00 am - Drive to work.

8:30ish am - Arrive at work. Go pee. Start my day at work...

10:00 am - Go pee. Get cup of ice with a splash of water. Eat a snack. Back to work...

11:30 - 12:00 pm - Go pee. Get cup of ice. Eat Lunch. Back to work...

2:00 pm - Get text from Jason "How's the day going?" Get up and go pee. Get cup of ice. Probably eat a snack. Work, work, work.

3:30 pm - Go pee. Get candy from co-workers candy bowl. Work, work, work.

4:50 - 5:00 pm - Leave work. Drive in ridiculous traffic.

5:45 pm - Pick up Brazos from Daycare. Have chat with his teacher on how he was for the day and talk about how awesome he is in general [most days]. Get Brazos into the car and head home. Chat all the way home about "Red" means "Stop", "Yellow" means "Slow Down", and "Green" means "Go!" - OR - Sing our favorite songs - OR - whine about being hungry [Brazos not me].

6:05 pm - Get home. Walk to the sidewalk to get the mail. Go inside and be greated by Gemma's waggly tail. Let Gemma outside to potty. Give Brazos his "turtle gummies" ie TMNT Fruit Snacks. Go pee. Go upstairs to change into comfy clothes. Let Gemma back inside.

6:15 pm - After the third or fourth time of Brazos saying "Mommy...I hungry", start supper. Turn on cartoons for Brazos [parent of the year award for so much TV time] while cooking.

6:30 - 7:00 pm - Feed Brazos. Do dishes. Start on Jason and I's supper if eating something different than Brazos. Brazos continues watching cartoons....but in my defense, they are educational.

7:30 - 8:00 pm - Jason comes home. Gives me and Brazos smootches. We eat dinner. [Some nights he is not home until 10:00 but usually home by 8:00] Clean up from dinner. Jason plays with Brazos while I sit on the couch (I'm pooped by this point).

8:15 pm - Give Brazos a bath.

8:30 pm - Get Brazos ready for bed. Brazos gives hugs and kisses and "night-nights" and goes to bed. Proceeds to get up about 3-4 times before finally falling asleep.

8:45 pm - Sit butt on couch and watch tv with Jason.

10:30 pm - Go upstairs and check on Brazos/tuck him back in/give him a kiss. Brush my teeth. Take out contacts. Go to bed.

And that's basically my day! I'm interested to see what kind of schedule I'm going to have to work out when Beckett arrives. I'm betting the first thing to change is hitting the snooze button 5 times in the mornings and the next thing to change will be no more sitting on my butt to watch tv at night...sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.