Skip to main content

22 Weeks

Here I am at week 22 weeks (my view of the belly):

Feeling great so far, but starting to get uncomfortable. I've gained 12 lbs so far, and holding. Hoping to keep up with the minimal weight gain. I'm still working out as much as I can - walking, a little bit of weights (nothing over 20lbs), and yoga on Tuesday nights (modified of course). I'm afraid my yoga classes are going to have to end for the time being though...its getting harder and harder to modify everything and I have to modify more and more each time. My yoga instructor gives me the eyebrow every time she sees me and has said she would not let me in the class (its not a prenatal class) if she wasn't confident that I knew what I was doing. I can tell it makes her nervous that I'm in a regular yoga class but I have no prenatal class to go to - boo. I may go one more week and that's it. As of the 25th, I have one month left of my second trimester - CRAZINESS!! 4 months to go! A part of me is ready (can't wait to get to maternity leave and be away from my sucky j-o-b) and a part of me is scared to death...2 small kids and a hubs in school is going to be the death of me, I just know it! Then again, lots of moms have survived under a lot worse conditions, right?!

Beckett is a wiggle-worm! He's practicing Judo in there, I just know it. I can feel him on the outside of my tummy now and see my belly moving from time to time. Its such a mesmerizing experience that I always stop and put my hand on my tummy so I can feel him every time, no matter what I'm doing. Its by far the best part of being pregnant!! I love it.

My Aunt Barbie sent my first baby gift for Beckett:
A picture frame for his first photo :) Adorable. I put his sono pic in there and its sitting on my desk at home. This may be one of the very few gifts Beckett receives since we pretty much have everything already, poor guy...hand-me-downs for life. I feel a little guilty but Braz's clothes are in really good shape and were hardly worn so I'm trying to just get over it. Besides, he'll never know the difference, right?

We've also decided that we probably won't put Braz and Jake in a room together because the age difference is just too far apart for it to make much sense (even though Jake doesn't live with us). So, Beckett will be sleeping in our room and Braz will keep his room. I'm happy for Braz getting to keep his room and his bed, but I'm sad that I won't get to decorate a nursery for Beckett. This was the one "new" thing I was going to do for him...Maybe I can still do a little corner of our room for him with his name and bedding, etc. :( He has to have something all his own. First world problems, I know.

Gemma likes to snuggle my belly just like she did with Brazos:

I think that's all I have to update for this week. Feel good but I know the hard part is coming. Hoping that keeping my weight down will help with the swelling and being terribly uncomfortable lugging the belly around. 18 weeks to go! Let the count-down and the preparations begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.