Skip to main content

{1} of the THIRTY

Twenty Randoms:
1. I'm technically an only child but I have 4 siblings.
2. I really want to go to Cosmo school and be a hair/nail stylist
3. I am afraid of suffocating. Sometimes when I'm dozing off to sleep, I convince myself that I'm not breathing, completely panic, and wake myself up...over and over and I keep myself from sleeping.
4. I love that I inherited my mom's artsy-craftsy side. I love doing and I'm not too shabby at it either.
5. I hate being called dramatic. Just because dramatic things happen to me, does not make me a Drama Queen.
6. I have eaten iguana.
7. I was in Honors English in college - had no idea I was even really that good at English in HS, but now consider myself somewhat of a Grammar Nazi. Poor Grammar drives me batty.
8. I LOVE to sing karaoke. I'm a rock star.
9. I am super girly. I love shopping, spa/salon days, high heels, pink, glitter, big sunglasses...all. things. girly.
10. It embarrasses me that I have been married twice. I really dislike that about myself and it makes me feel trashy.
11. I get along better with men than I do women (despite my love of all things girly, girls are too mean)
12. I'm kind of a hot mess but I'm pretty good at hiding it [most days]
13. I'm an accountant but I'm really not that great with money. Go figure.
14. I love yoga. I'm getting pretty good at a few of the semi-advanced poses. If my wrists weren't so weak, I'd be a yoga rock star.
15. Being a mom is the greatest thing I have ever done in my life. I love my son more than anyone or anything in this world. I would do anything for him, sacrifice anything, just to make sure he's happy. I'm one of those mom's who 100% believes my child is perfect, the cutest kid alive, and could easily be super famous and super rich someday. [I don't, however believe my child can do no wrong - he's an ornery little stinker]
16. I am my own biggest critic. I am a very harsh critic but only of myself. For everyone else, I usually only see the good in people, somewhat to a fault.
17. I'm Irish [great grandmother was Irish] and I just found this out like a year ago. I'm extra upset about all the St. Patty's Day celebrating I did not do and the "Kiss My I'm Irish" t-shirts I do not own. This is a big deal to me people, I think its pretty awesome that I'm Irish.
18. I feel completely out of the loop all the time with my family (ie see above) both my mom and most definitely my dad's side [they are a MESS so I can't blame myself too much on that one], and really everything in my life. I don't know if its because I'm a total space cadet and don't pay attention, or I'm just not inquisitive enough, but I am in the dark on a lot and there's a ton of questions I have no clue the answer to. I want to make sure my kids always ask questions and are interested in who they are and what's going on around them.
19. I want to be bilingual  I always wanted to learn French but I think I'm going to learn Spanish instead since it will be so much more useful in my day to day life.
20. When I'm disappointed about something I usually don't have the heart to tell someone because I don't want to hurt their feelings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.

Almost Fainted Yesterday - Not. Cool.

Yesterday late morning I was sitting at my desk and I felt...funny. Then the "funny" feeling turned into ears ringing, hot flash, seeing stars, light- headedness . Scared the poo out of me. So I sat at my desk for a good 2 to 3 minutes with my head between my knees - or atleast as close to my knees as I can get right now - trying not to panic and make it worse. I never actually passed out/fainted but got pretty close. The thing that scared me the most though was that NO ONE AROUND ME NOTICED! Not that I wanted all kinds of people flocking over to me to see if I was ok , but would have felt a little better if one person would've atleast thrown me an "are you alright?". I hope I never go into labor at work, good grief. I'll be driving myself to the hospital and two hours later people will be going "Where's D?" That diva moment aside, I finally felt ok to stand up and walk to the breakroom to get a glass of water and then asked my boss to go d...

When Life Hands You Lemons

Today is the day. Grandpa's visitation and tomorrow's the funeral. The last couple of days its really hit me. He's gone. My Grandpa was a wonderful man. We've all been smiling, laughing and reminising about all the funny things he used to do and say. We fondly remember his sweet tooth and love for all things lemon flavored. But something I never really thought about until now is that he was handed a lot of crappy cards on the health side of life and hasn't been in good health for the last 20 years but I never really heard him complain about it. In fact, every time I saw him he had a huge smile on his face and wanted to know all about what I had been up to and what I was doing. He was so very proud of all of us kids. So proud. Didn't matter what we were doing or what we'd accomplished, his eyes would twinkle with pride. I'm going to miss him terribly. Today and tomorrow are going to be hard but its all the days after that are going to be truly trying... L...