Skip to main content

The Master Plan

Nike says it best...JUST DO IT! First lesson I need to learn is this. Instead if making excuses and plans to do it tomorrow, I need to just do the things I need to get done NOW instead of putting them off.

Easier said than done but I'm hoping to keep this at the front if my mind and really drill it in there -- just do it! NOW! Life's a choice and I just have to make the conscious effort to make the ones that will make me a better person instead of fill my instant need to sit on my butt or feed my face. Or feed my passive aggressive side but that a whole other set of issues. Heh.

I've tried these things before and I feel like I plan to do a complete 180* in a day which is only setting myself up for failure. This time I'm going to try a few small habit changes at a time. I've heard it takes 30 to break or make a habit so I'll do these small changes a month at a time and hopefully they will stick.

1. Organizing/Household: I'm going to pick three things to do everyday and one thing on the weekend. Dishes, one load of laundry, and making the bed. I feel like these are essential parts of a clean house and can easily be done everyday IF they are done everyday. On the weekend, I will take half an hour to an hour to pick up the house and put things in there place. Eventually is like to have this done everyday but for now, baby steps.

2. Budgeting: Research and analysis. I don't really know how to set up a good personal budget, to be perfectly honest. So, I want to see what's out there as well as analyze my spending habits. This will also help me see where I need to cut costs. Also, I'm going back to meal planning. I was doing this for about 3 weeks and it was FANTASTIC! I'm restarting this which will help with a food budget, cut eating out costs, and will help be organized and eat healthier.

3. Personal appearance: No more hair ties! Yoga class every Tuesday. And a run on the weekends - 2 miles to start then up to 3. And no more sleeping in. This only causes me to sacrifice my appearance.

This is a lot to start off with but it's a good start. I feel like its a manageable start. I started tonight, so that's a good sign I think. Thankfully I have a smartphone to help me keep on top of things, which I've never had before.

So...Let's do this thing!! Wish me luck :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.