Skip to main content

F*O*U*R Months!

Actually today Brazos is 4 Months and 1 week...but Momma's been busy.

Four Months, wow. I say it all the time, but I can't believe we are here already. Brazos is growing way too fast. We had his doctor's appointment on the 26th and he weighed 16.4 lbs, 75ish%, and is 27 inches, 92%!! Nurse thinks he's going to be tall - I have my doubts. HAHA! He got his second round of shots and did much better this time than the first time. He was more ticked off that she was holding him down than the actual shots and he screamed like crazy - then he was all better when Mommy picked him up. I love that :o) I took the day off just in case he felt crummy all day like he did last time but I had given him Tylenol before we went to his appointment and apparently that must have helped because he was in a pretty good mood all day. He did snooze most of the day (in my arms I might add - he's spoiled what can I say). We (Dr Boylan and I) decided that he's doing pretty well on breastmilk so we are going to hold off on starting the solid foods until 6 months...unless he goes through another growth spurt and mommy can't keep up again, I have the go ahead to start some rice cereal.

Some of his accomplishments: Well, I may duplicate some of these or miss some but here's what I can think of.
+He's a rolling fool - rolls from back to tummy to back to tummy. Although sometimes he'll roll over to his tummy and get ticked off because he's not on his back, like he forgets he can roll back over.
+When he's on his tummy, he does the "swimming pose" where his arms, legs, and head are in the air and just his belly's on the floor.
+He giggles but is pretty stingy lately with the laughs. Daddy is the most funny, I guess, because he gets giggles out of him the most. Mommy's just not funny...or maybe he just doesn't get my humor yet?! But we get BIG smiles all the time so I'm ok with that.
+And he flaps his arms when he gets really excited and grins really big.
+He's quite the talker - jabbers all the way to Tonya's most mornings.
+Also has learned how to blow raspberries and is quite fond of doing it - constantly! This one is fairly new.
+He's very good at grabbing his toys and has started putting things in his mouth once he has a hold of them.
+And his FACIAL EXPRESSIONS! This kid has a ton of them! His face is so expressive and its so funny to watch him when he gets to babbling.
+He loves to stand on your lap (while holding him up by his hands) and he's started "dancing" which basically consists of bending his knees and bouncing up and down and sometimes stomping one leg up and down.
+He also has this little came where he sits down/stands up repeatedly when he's standing in your lap...up, down, up, down, up, down...don't know where he got this one, just started doing it one day!
+He's currently wearing 3-6months clothes which are starting to get snug and 6 months clothes fit him pretty well. We'll be moving into the 6-9 mo before you know it - I think some of them could probably fit now!
+He's still sleeping through the night, although his typical bed time is 1030-11 so I wish he would move that up a little earlier. We'll be working on that very soon. I need to try the Cry It Out method I suppose, but I'm too much of a softy to do it. We'll see how that goes...Stayed Tuned on that one.
+I've tried a couple times to see how he does sitting up. I can tell it won't be too long till he can do it but we still have a ways to go. I'm going to try and work on this and use the Bumbo to strengthen his back muscles so he can maybe sit up by 6 months. I want to get some 6 month photos taken of him and it would be cute it he could sit up in them...

That's all I can think of at the moment. Overall, he's a very good, very happy boy and his Daddy and I just couldn't possibly love him any more than we do. He makes us laugh and smile, and we're so very proud that he's ours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.