Skip to main content

Survey: 2010 In Review

This I'm stealing this from my friend...she's done it several years in a row so I'm going to join in this year. Kind of sums up the past year and lets you see, overall, how great (or not so great) it was. Goodbye 2010! You've been great (for the most part) and I KNOW I'll never forget a single minute...

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Got pregnant (and all the fun new first that go with that), swam in the ocean, became a step-mom
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I kept my resolution from last year but I don't remember exactly what it was either. This year my new year's resolution is to become a MILF - Hahaha!!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yep, my sister-in-law had my newest little nephew, and one of my very best friends had her little boy both in November.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thank goodness, no.
5. What countries did you visit? Got close to Mexico but didn't visit any other countries.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? My baby boy to finally be here, an "adult" float trip/mini-vacation this summer, a beach body!
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 14th - wonderful Valentine's Day and I got a dozen peaches - LOL, May 24th - day I found out I was pregnant, June 11th - first time I heard my baby's heartbeat, June 20th - day Jason proposed, July 17th - day I married my best friend, August 16th - bad day, don't want to remember but always will, October 2nd - my little brother got married
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Growing a human life - doesn't get much bigger than that!
9. What was your biggest failure? Letting someone I love more than anything in the world feel insecure and unsure of how I felt about them
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Fortunately, No! :) Not sure I even went to the doctor other than for prenatal stuff. Did have a stint of poison ivy at our house but that's about it.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Baby crib and the awesome baby bedding I wanted
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My friend Lindsey - she's been an amazing friend this year, always there for me and when my sister couldn't be there to stand beside me at my wedding, she made sure she could be there so she could stand in her place. :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Someone whom I thought was my friend, whom Jason and I had spent a lot of time with. Sad when you find out the reason someone's being so nice is because they want something of yours or that they feel guilty.
14. Where did most of your money go? Kyoto...WAY TOO MUCH Sushi! HAHA
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Becoming a mom and marrying Jason
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland and If He's Anything Like Me - Brad Paisley
17. Compared to this time last year are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Not sadder but I was pretty darned happy last year so its hard to say I'm happier. Definitely FATTER, but I'm blaming it ALL on the little man :). And actually richer, Jason has a better clientele than last year and we are actually able to save some money...too bad that's about to change in a couple weeks.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Wish I would have been more productive and been less lazy - that will probably always be a wish of mine HAHA And I wish I could have/would have enjoyed this pregnancy more.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Being insecure.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Jason and I opened our gifts to each other on Tuesday night the 21st, went to my parents on Friday (24th) and had Christmas with our whole fam, hung out with my parents Saturday and went to the movies and ate chinese food, then had Christmas with Jake on the following Wednesday the 29th.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Fell MORE in love and found out a new love (although I haven't officially met him yet)
22. What was your favorite TV program? Sons of Anarchy and Biggest Loser
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone, but there's a new person on my "very seriously dislike" list that wasn't on there before.
24. What was the best book you read? My MacKayla Lane novels my hubby got me for Christmas, I'm already on the last one!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Karaoke at The Red Balloon :)
26. What did you want and get? My baby duh :)
27. What did you want and not get? World peace and a million dollars...oh well there's always this year LOL
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Love and Other Drugs
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Had a white trash bash and found out I was knocked up - HAHAHAHA....no seriously.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? There's only one thing that would have made it more satisfying and that was beyond my control - other than the one thing, I don't think someone could have a more satisfying year :)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Maternity clothes: lots of dresses, leggings, boots, and changing my hair do a TON this year.
32. What kept you sane? God - there's no other explanation, I don't know how I'm sane at the moment other than God.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Anne Hathaway
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health Care Reform obviously...who didn't it "stir"
35. Who did you miss the most? Not seeing my friends, sister and nephew as much as I wanted.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Tonya - our new babysitter :)
37. Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Never take those around you for granted and as always, Everything happens for a reason
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "You do that thing that makes me laugh, and just like that, there you go making my heart beat again" Sugarland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.