Skip to main content

{22} of THIRTY

22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

In 5 years:
I will be 38 years old. Jake will be 16, Brazos will be 9, Beckett will be 6, Hudson will be 5. And quite possibly we will have a 2 year old Harrison or Maris as well (let's hope for a girl vs another boy ;). We will have lived in Texas for almost 5 years. We will have our own house and Jason will be growing his own practice. I hope to be a stay at home mom at this point and running our household instead of going into an office job everyday. We will be running to sports practices, games/meets, music lessons, sleepovers, etc. The boys will all officially be in school, minus the possible new addition.

In 10 years:
I will be 43 years old. Jake will be 21, Brazos will be 14, Beckett will be 11, Hudson will be 10. Undetermined new addition will be about 7. We will be living in our newly built house out in the country and the boys will be loving all the room to run. I will definitely be a housewife at this point, managing our finances/household and all the kids will be in school. Still running to sports practices, games/meets, music lessons, friends houses, etc. One will be starting HS, one will be starting MS and one/possibly two in elementary.

In 15 years:
I will be 48 years old. Jake will be 26, Brazos will be 19, Beckett will be 16, Hudson will be 15. Possible added kid will be about 12. Wow, Brazos will be in college, Beckett and shortly after Hudson will be driving. TBD kiddo will be in Middle School. Things will be really fun with our boys being self sufficient and I'm sure getting into lots of trouble. At this point Jason will have multiple practices open and I will be running our household. We'll still be running to activities with the boys but the older three will be driving themselves to practices.

There are so many uncertainties in life that it's so hard to say where we will be and what life will be like in 5 years. I look at how much life has changed in the last 5 years (Jason and I celebrate 5 years of marriage tomorrow). I never would have dreamed that in 5 years we would have 3 boys and Jason would be about to finish graduate school and become a dr. I don't have any predictions on what Jake will be doing or where he'll be in these years because I honestly don't know what to even guess. I hope he comes to live with us at some point and goes to college. And we quite possibly will have another kiddo in 3 years but you never know! This was fun to think about and imagine what life will be like at the milestone years. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.