Skip to main content

2012: Another Year in Review

I would be lying if I said I wasn't THRILLED that this year is over. It been a horrible year with a few really great moments sprinkled in. I'm looking forward to 2013 and to never looking back at 2012 but one last time [just to remember the good] here's a review of this last year:

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before? Went on a cruise, went to a foreign country, snorkeled, ran a half marathon, got down to my goal weight (and gained it all back again) - lots of great firsts

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year my new year's resolutions were as follows:
Lose 29lbs by August (our cruise) CHECK
Drink 8 glasses of water a day FAIL
Be better organized with time/work/home/etc FAIL
Budget, budget, budget FAIL
Send a card for every occasion FAIL
Take better care of my appearance FAIL
Blog more. BIG FAIL
No candy at work SEMI FAIL (ate less candy but can't say I didn't eat ANY)
My 2013 Resolutions are to figure out how to be happy and to keep positive. Hopefully everything else I want will fall into place after that! I'm changing this. I read the bloggess' post about the year "2012+1" and her irrational fear of the number 13. To comfort herself she has dubbed the year 2013 as "The Library" and called it the year that doesn't matter, a year of mistakes and hanging out in the proverbial "Library" - a practice year for 2014. I love this and I'm declaring 2013 my year of allowing myself to make mistakes, not assigning myself any anxiety-ridden goals to obtain, and taking the year for myself. I'm going to do what makes me happy. Keep a positive attitude and focus on myself and my family. Yeah...I like that idea.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Amy

4. Did anyone close to you die? I don't think so...I feel like I'm forgetting someone?? It was a good year if I didn't lose anyone!

5. What countries did you visit? Mexico, Honduras, and Belize :)

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? Control over my anxiety, happiness, time management

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 19-26, our cruise; October 20th, the day of my marathon

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Losing 25 lbs, even though I've gained almost all of it back :( AND running a half marathon

9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining my weight back

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Other than the flu and a couple colds, its been a healthy year.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My iPhone! I freaking love my phone and don't know what I would do without it now...

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Our neighbors! I love and owe them so much and hope I can make it up to them someday. And I have to add here that I am proud of Jason for quitting drinking and all the work he has done the last few months of the year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Not a good year...moving on.

14. Where did most of your money go? The cruise. We really had no business going, didn't have the money but I'm glad we went. It was a wonderful experience. I hope to do it again some day when things are better in our lives.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Being skinny (I was HAWT ya'll -- so sad I gained it back) and the cruise. Watching Brazos grow up.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Hard to Love by Lee Brice

17. Compared to this time last year are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Eh. Thinner (BARELY). Poorer. It was a really rough year.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Running and keeping my diet under control. Being happy with myself. Going to therapy. Playing with Brazos.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Fighting with Jason. Being self-destructive and passive aggressive.

20. How did you spend Christmas? 21st spent the night at my mom's. 22nd Christmas with my mom in the afternoon and Christmas with my dad in the evening. Drove down to Texas and spent the week with family. Came home on the 30th.

21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Nope. Already in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Biggest Loser, Sons of Anarchy, Spongebob Squarepants (well I watched it a ton anyway)

23. Do you hate dislike anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Only work related.

24. What was the best book you read? Mmmm, the Shades of Grey trilogy. :)

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Pandora 90's Station - Whoop! (doesn't it mean you are officially old when you revert to listening to the music you did in high school?!?)

26. What did you want and get? A skinny bod for the cruise! My iPhone. To run a half marathon.

27. What did you want and not get? Lots of things but I'm not going to dwell on the negatives.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? I watched the Twilight series a lot this year but I haven't gotten to see the final one yet. We went and saw "This is 40" in the theatre for Christmas and it was pretty hilarious.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned the big 3-0 this year! (Yuck) Jason threw me a surprise party at Wil Jenny's, made reservations for a night at Chateau Avalagne and a date night at the Legends. It was a great birthday :)

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? No fighting and more money.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Trying to be more fashionable with literally no clothing budget. Love scarfs, boots, and showing off my skinny bod this summer. Also added some fitness fashion into my wardrobe. LOTS of new shoes this year - back to wearing my high heels!

32. What kept you sane? God - there's no other explanation, I don't know how I'm sane at the moment other than God.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Channing Tatum -- didn't everyone?!

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Ugh - OBAMA getting reelected -- REALLY?!

35. Who did you miss the most? It was a very lonely year for me. I realized just how alone I really am. Trying to feel better about relying only on myself and that I am enough for myself.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Definitely our neighbors!

37. Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I get knocked down, but I get up again..."

Comments

Heather said…
Well, jeez, this was kind of depressing to read.

You are so much better than you think you are. Give yourself some damn credit. Love you, mean it!

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings of a Panic Attack

I’m having a panic attack. These stupid meds are killing me. I hate them. Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. I know it’s the meds. I just have to get through this and relax for a couple weeks. I hate this job. It’s not even that bad it’s just HORRIBLY boring. I don’t want to do this every day. I appreciate learning the process and gaining experience but it’s not what I like to do. I don’t even like accounting that much to begin with but there are aspects I like and I know it. The pay is killing me. I need money. I can’t continue to be completely broke before the first week of the month is over. Collections calls ringing all day. I’m applying to jobs like crazy. I’m trying so hard. I’m just going to keep pushing forward. Keep. Pushing. Forward. I hate that I wanted a life with Jason. That I was too blind to realize what he was. That I was ok with him even from the very beginning when I knew better. Why didn’t I want better things for myself? Seeing him makes me want to vomit.

Tersinar Christmas 2015

After graduation, we raced down to Hepler to spend Christmas with my family and mom and dad's. We ordered chicken for dinner (of course - yum yum!) and we had some of the traditional Christmas goodies too, like pie and Grandma Sonja's cinnamon apples, French cookies and cheese ball.  Hudson made the rounds with everyone :) Uncle Dustin is the best to play with After dinner and some visiting, it was time to open presents! The loot! Kids first of course. The anarchy! Hudson among the shreds of wrapping paper Big kids' turn! Opening my Royals blanket <3 I LOVE IT! Thanks Jen :) I got Grandma's name again :) Hudson helped play Santa Mom loved her gift from Heather - a frame with all our family's pictures in it. Jason's gift from Raymond. The kiddos watched a movie or two after we were finished opening gifts.  Later after everyone left, mom, dad and us siblings (minus josh) played Cards Against Humanity... HILARIOUS. Haven't laughed that hard in a very long ti

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.