Skip to main content

For the Single Ladies Everywhere...

I'm single. A family of one. Independent. Allllooonneee...get your pity out of your systems now cause that's not what this is about. Being single is a necessary part of life that everyone should be forced to go through but almost no one really does. How many of you can say you've truely lived alone and been single at the same time? And I'm talking no roommates, one bedroom (or studio) apartment, all by yourself, living alone. Not many I'm betting. It's not for the weak. No Sissys need apply!! Yes, I'm tough! I'm doing just that right now...

That being said, not even that is the point of this blog. I'm in my mid to late twenties (age doesn't really matter anyway...) and I'm single and I like to have fun. I've got lots of funny stories and I don't want to forget a single one! Hence the title of my blog. When my little sister was in my shoes a few years ago, her motto was "Don't Judge Me" which she said every time one of us gave her that disapproving, "I can't believe you..." look you get when you actually share one of your scandelous adventures from the weekend before. So now it's my turn to get that look from her (and yes, you saw before she is my little sister and yes, we are doing things backward) whenever I divulge one of my nasty little secrets. I simply look at her with closed eyes and raised eyebrows and repeat the all-to-well-known phrase..."Don't Judge Me".

So a little background on me to get things started. I was married, I am now no longer so...need I say it?? Don't judge me... :) I was only married for a short time but I was with my ex - B - for a long time (since I was 17). I spent my college years as an "old married woman" although I'm not sure why because I was neither old nor married. I wasted (only wasted because I didn't fit these wild days in there instead of here) those years being a dovoted student and girlfriend and working 35+ hours a week to try and keep up with house payments. Yes, we bought a house which I still currently own - lucky me~ So last year, will be a year exactly on April 8th, my divorce was finalized. It was rough. I was the one that wanted it and I know I broke B's heart but I couldn't do it anymore. For many, many reasons, I was seriously unhappy. B will probably be the only ex I don't bash on here because even though I could say lots of nasty things about him and the way he treated me, I divorced him. I'd say we are even. This will also probably be a rare post for me to mention my divorce also. Not proud of it. Don't like talking about it. Enough said.

So, let the dating stories begin!! But not only that, but being single and a woman in general...

Enjoy <3

Comments

Heather said…
Welcome to the blog life! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.

FAF: Another 1 Bites the Dust!

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 163.8 Current weight: 162.8 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: -1.0 Total weight lost: -3.6 Another week of weight loss! Whoop! Its not much but after another slow exercising week, I'll GLADLY take it! I'm very close [again] to what I weighed when I got knocked up with my pwecious little man so I'm feeling good about that fo' sho'... Working out this week has been rough. I haven't really made/had time for a good solid workout so I'm a little disappointed about that but...eh, I'll just keep squeezing them in there whenever I can and as much as I can. We have a gym membership over by my usual sitter so once she's off maternity leave, I'll be able to run to the gym at night before or after I pick up the monster. My diet this week has been unhealthy - not in what I've eaten, just the quantity. I've hardly eaten a thing! My dinner portions have been cut in half, if not more, so I feel that's a po...

When Life Hands You Lemons

Today is the day. Grandpa's visitation and tomorrow's the funeral. The last couple of days its really hit me. He's gone. My Grandpa was a wonderful man. We've all been smiling, laughing and reminising about all the funny things he used to do and say. We fondly remember his sweet tooth and love for all things lemon flavored. But something I never really thought about until now is that he was handed a lot of crappy cards on the health side of life and hasn't been in good health for the last 20 years but I never really heard him complain about it. In fact, every time I saw him he had a huge smile on his face and wanted to know all about what I had been up to and what I was doing. He was so very proud of all of us kids. So proud. Didn't matter what we were doing or what we'd accomplished, his eyes would twinkle with pride. I'm going to miss him terribly. Today and tomorrow are going to be hard but its all the days after that are going to be truly trying... L...