Skip to main content

My Monster Child.

This is how I feel about Brazos, as I imagine any mother of an almost-2 year old boy feels. Not the bath salts part but the description of how boys are and wanting to asking the grown men in my life "why." and stare at them like its a joke they play on us women. I think she captured it perfectly so I wanted to share.

Brazos is becoming a handful. I should not have bragged about how easy I had it. He's really not that bad but I was so spoiled ya'll! It feels worse than it is because he has always been so EASY.

And at the same time, holy moly does he make me laugh. Like tears-running-down-your-face kinda laugh. My kid is hilarious. Its just so amazing to watch him too. He's really growing up and has such a big personality. He's so outgoing and rowdy and such a boy. He talks a mile a minute and we can actually understand some of the things he says.
Some of his favorite things to say currently are:
"Top-It" = Stop-It
"Bob-bob" = Spongebob
"Where Go??!" = Where did it go
"In Der'" = In there
"Ginki" = Binki
"Melmo" = Elmo
"I'n Re-ey" = I'm Ready (ala Spongebob)
"Ya Buh-ey" = Yeah Buddy (sounds pretty much the same as I'm Ready)
"Memma" = Gemma
"Hush" = Hush or Gemma (yes, he calls Gemma "Hush")
"Gay-kie" = Jakie (ie Jacob)
"Mimi-Popo" = Mimi (he things Mimi's name is Mimi Popo)
"Popo" = Popo (he says this so hilarious)

 We are starting to potty train some but I don't think he is physically able to go full blown, undies-only just yet. He's getting the hang of pottying in the potty though.

He's a handful but I don't think I have ever loved anyone more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.

Almost Fainted Yesterday - Not. Cool.

Yesterday late morning I was sitting at my desk and I felt...funny. Then the "funny" feeling turned into ears ringing, hot flash, seeing stars, light- headedness . Scared the poo out of me. So I sat at my desk for a good 2 to 3 minutes with my head between my knees - or atleast as close to my knees as I can get right now - trying not to panic and make it worse. I never actually passed out/fainted but got pretty close. The thing that scared me the most though was that NO ONE AROUND ME NOTICED! Not that I wanted all kinds of people flocking over to me to see if I was ok , but would have felt a little better if one person would've atleast thrown me an "are you alright?". I hope I never go into labor at work, good grief. I'll be driving myself to the hospital and two hours later people will be going "Where's D?" That diva moment aside, I finally felt ok to stand up and walk to the breakroom to get a glass of water and then asked my boss to go d...

FAF: Another 1 Bites the Dust!

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 163.8 Current weight: 162.8 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: -1.0 Total weight lost: -3.6 Another week of weight loss! Whoop! Its not much but after another slow exercising week, I'll GLADLY take it! I'm very close [again] to what I weighed when I got knocked up with my pwecious little man so I'm feeling good about that fo' sho'... Working out this week has been rough. I haven't really made/had time for a good solid workout so I'm a little disappointed about that but...eh, I'll just keep squeezing them in there whenever I can and as much as I can. We have a gym membership over by my usual sitter so once she's off maternity leave, I'll be able to run to the gym at night before or after I pick up the monster. My diet this week has been unhealthy - not in what I've eaten, just the quantity. I've hardly eaten a thing! My dinner portions have been cut in half, if not more, so I feel that's a po...