Skip to main content

Moving?? Pros & Cons

So, every once in a while I get a wild hair up there and decide to search around for someplace else to live - house, townhouse, apartment, whichever... I got one of those hairs Saturday and I saw a townhouse close to where my sitter lives for less rent than we are paying now. The pictures looked promising so I talked Jason into going and looking at it. Mind you when I get these hairs and I actually find something worth looking into, I never really plan on liking the place or us actually discussing moving because, you guys, I HATE MOVING. But I keep looking because I'm convinced our current residence has some serious bad karma and there have just been too many bad memories outweighing the good ones for it too feel like HOME anymore - Home is where the heart is and my heart just isn't into that place anymo'!

Well, we actually liked this one. Crap. So, now I'm contemplating the Pros and Cons of this townhouse vs that one and moving vs staying, etc, etc, etc. Here's what I've come up with so far:

PROS:
1. $15 Less Rent = $180/year = $720/4 years we plan on still being in KC
2. 30 mins less travel time per day for me driving to Tonyas
3. Nicer neighborhood/school district
4. On a cul-de-sac
5. Brand new
6. Wide open kitchen/granite countertops/dark cabinets
7. SIDEWALKS
8. Office space in Master Bdrm
9. Getting re-organized when we move (one of my NY resolutions but does this ever REALLY happen when you move??!)

CONS:
1. MOVING - gross
2. No basement @ new
3. No fenced back yard
4. Old TH is bigger
5. Buying new furniture (our LR furniture is too much/too big) - this could sort of be a PRO too.
6. Deposits ($750 for house/$300 for Gemma)
7. One month to pack/move (we only have 30 notice to vacate our current lease)

I have more pros than cons but the cons possibly outweight the pros... How do I get myself into these things...??

We'll decide in the next day or so if we actually WANT to move and then we'll have to wait and see if we are approved and don't get beat out by someone else. Lots of ifs but that's whats going on in the Allen household right now. Exciting stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just put me next to the Bearded Lady on Coney Island...

Starting weight: 166.4 Last week's weight: 166.4 Current weight: 168.4 Weight +GAIN / -LOSS this week: +2.0 Total weight lost: +2.0 All I'm going to say is this is total Bull$hit. Tune in next week to see the {FREAK SHOW} that is my mystifying, unexplainable, horrifying weight gain. The End.

When Life Hands You Lemons

Today is the day. Grandpa's visitation and tomorrow's the funeral. The last couple of days its really hit me. He's gone. My Grandpa was a wonderful man. We've all been smiling, laughing and reminising about all the funny things he used to do and say. We fondly remember his sweet tooth and love for all things lemon flavored. But something I never really thought about until now is that he was handed a lot of crappy cards on the health side of life and hasn't been in good health for the last 20 years but I never really heard him complain about it. In fact, every time I saw him he had a huge smile on his face and wanted to know all about what I had been up to and what I was doing. He was so very proud of all of us kids. So proud. Didn't matter what we were doing or what we'd accomplished, his eyes would twinkle with pride. I'm going to miss him terribly. Today and tomorrow are going to be hard but its all the days after that are going to be truly trying... L...

Almost Fainted Yesterday - Not. Cool.

Yesterday late morning I was sitting at my desk and I felt...funny. Then the "funny" feeling turned into ears ringing, hot flash, seeing stars, light- headedness . Scared the poo out of me. So I sat at my desk for a good 2 to 3 minutes with my head between my knees - or atleast as close to my knees as I can get right now - trying not to panic and make it worse. I never actually passed out/fainted but got pretty close. The thing that scared me the most though was that NO ONE AROUND ME NOTICED! Not that I wanted all kinds of people flocking over to me to see if I was ok , but would have felt a little better if one person would've atleast thrown me an "are you alright?". I hope I never go into labor at work, good grief. I'll be driving myself to the hospital and two hours later people will be going "Where's D?" That diva moment aside, I finally felt ok to stand up and walk to the breakroom to get a glass of water and then asked my boss to go d...